Saturday, December 5, 2009

Po' Boy from leftovers (not turkey)

I was deciding how to use a few leftovers I had..
2 (soft Hoagie rolls), a piece of leftover filet mignon, sliced thin and some marinated (but precooked) shrimp (medium)

What I did was sautee a sliced onion in butter , added the filet, and after they are heated through I added the shrimp. Then a small amount of white wine or sherry to create a gravy.  I added canned mushrooms but you could skip them  if you don't like them.   Put the combination on the hoagie bun which was buttered and toasted and slathered on each side with mayo.   Go ahead and dress it with shredded lettuce, tomato slices, and dill pickle slices. Sloppy, delicious and a true example of a Po' Boy.    Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your comments!