Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Grilling.....It Is Spring After All




“If you can’t stand the heat, just go outside and use the grill.”

Chef Shawn says;
               V- Hope all is well with you. Here is a little something from this past weekend:

        I was so excited this past weekend for a small break in the weather, which means I get to use my grill. I have a standard 22.5” Weber charcoal grill, nothing fancy, but that is what I love about it. It is the simplest form of cooking, no dials, timers, or special non stick cookware. Just a mound of white hot coals, stainless steel grate, your instincts, and your food. The menu was simple, pork tenderloin, with a honey Dijon glaze, grilled asparagus, and parsley potatoes. Just a little something to ease myself and my family into what hopes to be a great year of outdoor cooking.


The Menu is so simple is doesn’t even justify a recipe. The only unique twist to this meal was that I boiled the potatoes in heavily salted water until fork tender. Let them dry on a cooling rack and watch as the layer of salt develops on the outside. I toss them with a little UNSALTED BUTTER and parsley so each bite is perfectly seasoned. Melissa and the kids loved it


THE PROCESS



THE FAMILY





Thank You Shawn for the submission. I'm lusting after the meal. So simple yet so appetizing.
After your past submissions, I can't help but wonder what was for dessert????? Something to look forward to, I'm sure.

Enjoy, anticipate, lust after.
Sorry we weren't there!!!!!

V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your comments!