Sunday, August 23, 2009

Future thoughts

Although I only have one comment on my blog so far (darn) I have been given various recommendations that are of interest. Many from non cooking kind of folks but who had an interest. For thought provoking moments, listen up!

Smoked Bourbon Barrel Pepper (salt ?)
Tasmanian Pepper liqueur used as a marinade
Bloody Mary's made with real vine ripened tomato's
Gravy vs. Sauce (interesting debate)

Some other interesting thing that peaked my interest were:
1) Grillades with Parmesan grits. A Cajun/Louisiana recipe( Saw it on Secrets of Louisville chefs & found a recipe in Paul Prodommes cookbook) Made it on Saturday with available ingredients and can't wait for leftovers. Recipe may follow or look it up. It was very good. I broiled some buttered corn on the cob and seved two halves with each potion. Nice visual. I can't wait to taste the leftovers. I understand the flavor will intensify. It did, Scrambled Eggs with White Cheddar Pimento cheese, toped with Grillade Sauce.

2) Our friend Deb described her niece's husbands cooking at a birthday party yesterday. Shawn, apparently is quite the cook. His meal sounded super and his wife (Melissa) very supportive & helpful. He sounded very similar to how I would describe myself. He cooks what sounds good to him/Melissa & others do dishes. What a way to go. Hope I get to meet him one of these days. and that he will consider giving an entry as guest chef into this blog.

3) I finished the book I recommended previously entitled "Mediterranean Summer". I gave it 5 stars. I'm now into reading "Living in a Foreign Language". More about treasuring food experiences.

4) I'm sure few have heard of Farmer Fred's recipe. An interesting story of how this transpired. JP has to do it but it's great as a side dish, super with pasta and just easy & good. Really organic and healthy. (Jim....your turn, let's hear it)


Life is Good
Every Day Is A Banquet
Mangiare bene a piacere la vita (Eat Well & Enjoy LIfe)

1 comment:

  1. Gravy vs. Sauce......
    Sauce is created from scratch from a variety of ingredients and has infinite possibilities. Especially if you consider the bad tasting ones.
    Gravy on the other hand is produce from a by-product of another cooking process. Which does limit the possibilities somewhat, but who cares. Gravy should be a food group. Ask Jim P. I know he will have by back on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear your comments!