Tuesday, September 1, 2009

French and Kentucky Paired


I'm talking about some influence from a French sauce (Bordelaise) and a Kentucky Bourbon (Old Forester). It's something I do. I cook off the cuff and combine various recipes to end up with something that, in my mind, is appetizing. Sometimes good, sometimes okay. Here is last nights menu. Something that doesn't really have a recipe but well, it is high on my list based on last nights experience.


Sauteed Pork Medallions served with Parsley Mashed Potato's, a medley of sauteed peas, pea pods, garlic & onions and (See Deb's T-shirt inscription) a Bourbon infused Bordelaise sauce spiked with rosemary and a touch of butter. Presentation included a garnish of chives and a sprig of rosemary.


Salad was a simple fresh lettuce with halved red and yellow cherry tomato's, thin slices of red onion, pine nuts, Kalamata olives, shaved white cheddar cheese, all topped with a creamy poppyseed dressing.










Bon Appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your comments!