Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Man's Feast


This is the time of year when several of my friends slip away, for sometimes weeks, to fish in a remote area of Canada. Chef Shawn has surprised me with a photo presentation that just makes my mouth water. He claims it's not 5 star but I beg to differ. I think a true rating would be at least that amount. Enjoy, I did. Here is Shawn's unedited submission.  Great Shawn, thanks!

V-


I just got back from a fishing trip in Ontario Canada. Had a great time with the guys. Smoking good cigars, drinking good beer, and of course eating fresh fish. Some of the freshest I will ever have. You cannot beat filleting a fish right out of the water and within minutes having it in the hot oil.

 Everything is cooked on an open fire in the Canadian wilderness. With the fish we had some sautéed potatoes, baked beans and onion rings.









I added a little dessert for guys this year, a roasted banana. Which is a great campfire or grill dessert. A little Nutella, some pecans, and mini marshmallows, you will never want a s’more again.






You will have to excuse the presentation, this wasn’t a five star dining experience but rather a man’s meal to be enjoyed in the fresh Canadian air, with a cold beer and the smell of a fire.

Chef Shawn




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your comments!