Monday, June 7, 2010

Good Food but..................

...............it just lacked a very small bit of presentation.  A few weeks ago we were in Durham, NC and joined my daughter for an evening meal at Vin Rouge. Awesome French Bistro facility with nice outdoor garden patios. Unfortuntely it was raining and the patios were closed. Not to be disappointed, the interior was just as nice and filled with many folks from this college town. The wait staff was fantastic and very attentive. Quite an atmosphere. The only fault I saw was I thought the entrees, although looking good, just needed something on the rim to give it some pizzazz. Especially the Sauteed Calves Liver with carmelized onions, bacon and pommes purees.  My daughters Sauteed Salmon  with Dijon mustard crust and braised lentils was fantastic and served in a cast iron skillet. Nice.   My wife has a special that evening which was sauteed Halibut. It was also excellent.

The evening started with a White Bordeaux  and appetizers for all were the Escargot. A little more bread for sopping up the garlic butter would have been nice. Just visually absent from the presentation. I longed for the Croque-Madame but passed because of the calories.




CHECK OUT THE MENU and ATMOSPHERE
4.5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your comments!