Thursday, May 27, 2010

New Eatery in Anchorage Kentucky


The SEA HAG in downtown Anchorage, Kentucky recently opened to a rave review from Chef Pete' and company. There is both indoor and outdoor seating and it appears to be quite a hit. The review I received from  the Chef was while we were walking this morning and I must say, it made my mouth water for a taste. 
My best recollection was that there was a grilled thick porkchop served with a bourbon and applewood sauce, a side of jalapeno spiced sauerkraut, and corn pudding served in a covered crock. Impressive.
Other meals included an Ahi Tuna  (served very rare) with mixed greens. Another guest went for the fish Tacos and the fourth was, I think, Portobella steaks ?  I was so hung up on the pork chop that I began to lose a bit of concentration. It sounded like a very delightful, impromptu get together that had fabulous results.
Of course the was a new pale ale consumed as well as other beers and Bourbons..









Anchorage is becoming the close by, gourmet delight, outdoor dining area. Such a quaint, beautiful community with at least 2 outstanding restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your comments!