Friday, May 14, 2010

Easy Mediterranean Chicken

A friend introduced me to a Williams-Sonoma sauce that is just FABULOUS. Called Artichoke and Lemon Pasta sauce it lived up to the description that it is "A hearty Mediterranean-inspired sauce featuring artichokes and leeks simmered with Chardonnay, lemon and herbs".

My goal was to make a dish that would allow me to slip it in the oven and cook while I visited with friends and enjoyed a cocktail with them. I other words I didn't want to do the help me in the kitchen routine. While that is fun and enjoyable, we hadn't seen each other for several months and wanted to "socialize" and catch up on the local news and gossip.

Here was my plan.  I pan fried the chicken breasts in olive oil and butter, browning the salt, pepper and paprika covered chicken to seal in the juices and let them finish in the oven until just done. Meanwhile, my choice of a pasta this evening was farfelle, (bow-tie pasta) that after cooking, I drained and added butter.
Then the assembly would be the pasta mixed with half or so of the artichoke sauce. The remainder heated and served with the meal. I spooned it into a casserole dish and topped it with the chicken. All prepared ahead of time. Once our guests arrived I slipped it into a 350 degree oven and let it reward for about 30 minutes. 

We served it buffet style with a mixed green and sprout salad using a raspberry, hazelnut dressing (awesome). We included a fantastic buttered garlic bread (Ciabatta, I think) that we purchased at Costco. We'll buy more! Iit was fantastic and a leftover half was used the next day for some super sandwiches.

Of course, Chardonnay wine and Stag's Leap Merlot from the exclusive Gayeski Estate Winery were included.   Dessert was light and consisted of a small handful of chocolate covered Acai berries. Don't laugh, try it. Antioxident HEAVEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your comments!