Sunday, March 7, 2010

Italian Chef Gina Stipo Delivers Big!!!!

What a Party!  This report comes to us from Chef Pete' who was an eye witness and participant in the festivities. The first report or teaser went like this.

V-
To say The Tuscan Dinner exceeded all expectation, is an understatement.

Hands on cooking in the Cucina. Followed by a dinner for 12 (Chef Gina included, butler not included). Makes one lose track of what day it is at dinner... that is transformative.

Ciao, Chef Pete

THE Tuscan Dinner in Detail

V-
http://every-day-is-a-banquet.blogspot.com/
The Lord works in mysterious ways.
Our friends Jim, Lelia, Kenny & Karen placed the winning bid at the charity fund raiser for:

Dinner for 12 to be cooked by Tuscan Chef Gina Stipo.
http://www.eccolacucina.com/
Little did we know, she would give an impromptu cooking class.
(V- dress was Italian casual).





Antipasto> Prosciutto wrapped on bread stix, I wanted keep that a secret (till we served it).
Endive with bleu cheese, walnuts and who knows..... Delizioso!
Served on Lelia's creative handmade platters.








The work in progress w/ fresco legumi


The fresh baby artichokes w/ Kenny's lemons

A feast for the eyes! A version of Coniglio Arrosto (roasted rabbit w/ spicy nero olivas). Bellismo!
And of course, what goes w/ rabbits.....
Primi Piatti and Homemade pasta.....




















The big guns were out...




Lelia's table always over the top. The tulips from her garden, more than likely.
For the love of Italy, I am not sure how we got invited.
Then again, For our Love of Italy was why were invited.


















Even our dear Congressman, relished the rabbit.


       
  The carrot presentation was a stunner 
(which I wanted to keep secret).





Secondi Piatti; I am sure Chef Gina will blanch at this photo of my plating of the cuisine. Since we were passing the food and drinking the rosso vino... I forgot that I would being taking a picture of my own plate. I'll do better next time.
Dolci> Strawberries Tuscana. Un vero e proprio angolo di paradiso!






Chef Gina w/ two of her admirers.
Did I enjoy the evening too much, perhaps. Did I drink some luscious wines, yes.
Did I get lessons, from Chef Gina, on how Italians kiss... Yes, I think I did. If memory serves me,
I believe we had to practice a few times, till I got the hang of it.




















Bon Appetito! Grande!

A special thanks to Jim, Lelia, Kenny and Karen for allowing us to be a part of the Bella Sera.
You know how to set the bar high!

Amateur Chef Pete`






4 comments:

  1. How soon can I get a flight to TUSCANY?
    Chef Gina's style makes me long for the old country.

    Ciao, RL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chef Gina's cooking school on the Web looks like a dream! I think this is the summer to go for it.
    Tuscan Dreams, Doris T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chef Pete`March 07, 2010

    V- You are right, I blundered by not asking for a Doggie Bag last night. Other than that, the evening was perfecto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chef Pete`March 07, 2010

    V-
    You asked what is on the menu tonight....
    We did not want compete w/ last night, so we are going to the other extreme. Kitchen Grazing.
    Although, i suppose we could call some food "Tapas" to try to put a civil face small portions of what ever can be found & finished.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear your comments!