Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Polish or American


Who, on occasion, can resist a hot dog, brat or polish sausage. I think it is always a temptation. The other day I was at my favorite Italian market, "Paesanos". They have loads of great things, one of which is the best all around butcher shop I know. Besides various types of Italian sausages I came across Kielbasi. In my mind Polish.  I happen to have some onion and red and green pepper that I sauteed prior to adding the cooked sausage. I accompanied the dish with pan fried fingerling potato's. Horseradish on the side for the sausage.  My idea of an easy quick fix dinner for the wife & I on a weeknight.



Just a side..................How to cook the Kielbasi (Kielbasa)?   I've grilled it, boiled it, pan fried it but the hands down method was to "Bake" it.  On the recommendation of the proprietor of a Polish Deli, I now put the sausage on a deep foil lined baking pan. Pierce the sausage with a few small jabs of a knife to allow juices to escape. Add a small amount of water to the pan. Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes until done. The true flavors of the sausage are retained nicely. We love the garlic.

Simple & delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your comments!