Saturday, January 9, 2010

Comfort Food at Home

MEXICAN
       We all love those Mexican eateries. Lots of food, cheap, filling. Nothing like nacho chips with salsa and a Grande beer. Yum. In my case the other night I decided to go the limit and make SMOTHERED ENCHILADAS.  Be still my heart and forgive the bad things I endured.
Thanks goes  to Chef Barb H. for introducing us to the recipe. She has never met a cheese that she doesn't like. (Wait until she gives us the recipe and photo's for the Brie inspired egg casserole.)

It could be chicken or beef but in my case the pantry provided chicken. How easy. Listen. This was in my freezer. Frozen mesquite chicken breast pieces that I sauteed in butter & oil. After heating it I added a package of taco seasoning & half a can of mild chopped chiles.   Easy. Put it aside when heated through.

Spray a 9X13 casserole dish. Assemble each enchilada by putting the chicken in the wrap. Add some cheddar cheese. Spoon a mixture of Cream of Chicken soup (2) and sour cream and the remainder of the chiles  together.  Place some in the pan, add the enchiladas and cover with the rest of the mixture. Top with more shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.. Serve with shredded lettuce, tomato's, black olives, peppers or whatever turns you on.  I didn't say healthy, but a comfort food. I saved calories by skipping the chips & the Grande beer.

My favorite accompaniment.

1 comment:

  1. This one is such a family favorite in our house...thanks to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear your comments!