Friday, January 22, 2010

CHEF'S Duel at the BANQUET

It's FUN, I love it. Last week we recieved a recipe and experience from Jim and Barb H.from Memphis for "penne with sausage, artichokes, and sun-dried tomato's".   The condensed story is that Chef Pete'  was  intrigued with the recipe and was going to duplicate it. He calls it "AMALFI PASTA".  I think he impressed his guests with the meal, I'm unsure of the name? (Descriptive or not?)

I've included his interpretation of the evening. You have to love it. I put his e-mail report below so you can fully appreciate what I'm dealing with.  On behalf of Chef Vince' (does he exist?), I'm sure he would deny any damaging remarks, re: his sharing of techniques and ingredients.

For the original recipe return to the 1-17-10 blog referred to as "penne with sausage, artichokes, and sun-dried tomato's" which is now synonymous with "AMALFI PASTA".

Here Goes;
       Vince, Jim and Barb H.-
              The Amalfi Pasta was a blockbuster!

In process

Chimay Ale sampler... spiced up the evening. The Monks know their brew. Red was the hands down winner.


Vince wish you were here!


It's all about presentation... a Balsamic Glace` ( Deb's Xmas present).

Note the Apron (soon as I took it off, I spilled sauce on my shirt/ pants and the table cloth all in one slosh.... {tri-fecta}).












the table








ze plate



the aftermath



Thanks go to Jim H. and Barb H. from Memphis!

They were elevated to the Pantheon of cooks for their "Amalfi Pasta". Even though, I cooked it while guests were enjoying cocktails in the Cucina, which led me to be loose with the exact recipe construction. Everyone wants the secret recipe.

How should I handle this? I know Chef Vince` usually leaves out one (maybe two) ingredients, in recipes he passes on. What is the high brow procedure?

Bella Sera,
          Chef Pete`

1 comment:

  1. The world needs more Tuscan Dinners.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear your comments!