Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Unusual Day After X-Mas story

I admit, I may have received more than I bargained for when I asked for X-Mas stories. Still, I can't help but publish it. The analogy is sort of a sweet and sour story. Meaning that it had good intentions, caused a lot of stress, but after all was said and done, had a happy ending. Much credit, to this fine Day after Christmas Story, goes to our fantastic "Chef in Hiding" Deborah B" . She is an entertaining cookster that compliments our entertaning Chef Pete'. Also, better looking.  I'm beginning to see royalties from my soon to be published book. (Uh really ? dream on).

Without further suspense, here is the latest and greatest, "The Day After Christmas" family meal.

Vince-
As I've always heard timing is everything. Well, I guess the new Warming Drawer showing up on the afternoon of the dinner was not the best timing.

Thus, requiring the emptying of the cabinets....
Construction and tools, while I find fascinating.... your cooking partner may find distracting.
Perhaps even irritating. Perhaps even worse.....
Nonetheless, Tas approves of the final installation (4pm). Guests due at 6pm. Oh, my back!

The Princess (Deborah B.) comes through w/ zucchini/sun dried tomato/cheese/olive oil bites>
OMG! YUM! I knew when she asked "where are the Sun Dried Tomatoes?"... (I said "they are under the circular saw"). It was going to be a delicious evening.
From that point on, we began to talk to each other again.

The start of the "Architectural Vegetable Twist"....
although no one said it reminded them of body art;
or I guess I could call it "Tribal Sun Twist"...

Construction on going.... began to have serious doubts about being able to bring the concoction to a suitable closure.

Whala! I believe it surpassed expectation.

But, I'm getting ahead of myself.... Buck's smashing salad w/ half the kitchen in it....
(the kids had a hard time w/ this)

Buck's "asparagus affair" in a Zion potter's platter... wish I got a shot when the platter was full.
The guests were a bit quick w/ the utensils.... perhaps starving...

Capped w/ Sugar Pant's "Christmas Wreath Cake".






Chef Pete'
Ever-day is a Banquet -Blog : contributor
http://every-day-is-a-banquet.blogspot.com

You have to love it.