Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A favorite with possibilities

Spanokopita.  A greek dish that could be an appetizer, a side dish or a meal unto itself. Plus, you can be creative and add to this recipe. The last time I made it I included a layer of fresh sliced tomato's and sliced black olives. It was wonderful. Don't be itimidated by the filo dough. It's easy to use (don't let it dry out, work fast or cover the unused portions with a towel)  You can also make the dish a few hours ahead of time and cover. Keep it in the refrig until ready to cook.





As a side note, the recipe came out of  Betty Crocker's International Cookbook. One that I had for a long time. I just love when a cookbook has pictures. It gives you a good idea of what it should look like and think what it should taste like.  The book has numerous international recipes that I like to try. Sometimes, it is just fun to browse through the book.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your comments!