Thursday, August 13, 2009

8-12-2009 dinner




Fairly healthy dinner last night. Sally was at Costco to overload on supplies. One of the things I was opposed to for a long time was buying fresh fish at Costco. Did I make a mistake. Yesterday was the second time we bought Tuna steaks. Awesome! I highly recommend it. I've had friends get Salmon there last week. Same thing, it was supposedly really good. I've changed my viewpoint.

Okay, dinner. I marinated the tuna in just a small amount of soy sauce & terriyaki sauce mixed.
I only marinated it for maybe 10 minutes at room temperature. Just enough to flavor it but not overpower it. I seared it in a mixture of butter & extra virgin olive oil. One of my favorite techniques to allow browning without burning. Since we like tuna on the rare side, it only takes a minute or two on each side. We served it with Trader Joe's Wasabi mayonnaise. Nice kick to it.
I thank my sister for proving me a few jars for my staples bin.

What went with the fish was parsley potato's, sauteed until golden. Hey these were easy, they came out of a can. Whole white potato's, an easy thing to have on had for quick meals. Of course we did have a salad, of sorts. Fresh (locally grown) tomato's, diced scallions, and broiled asparagus, topped with a mild Italian (Good Seasons dressing)

Viola, another meal in the books.

This weekend we are out of here to join Barb & Jim at the lake. Although we have a menu, it's more important to note that we have ingredients and we'll see what transpires. Shrimp, steaks, chicken, salmon, ravioli, cream, butter, and whatever else gets packed

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your comments!